Dental Health Community
Blood in post nasal drip after root canal/endodontic surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

I just had a root canal/endodontic surgery on #13.  Right after the surgery, I noticed that there's blood in my post nasal discharge.  I asked the doctor, she said it's normal to have some blood in my nose after the surgery.  I did see the x-ray after the surgery and the doctor said it's successful, she didn't touched the sinus wall (the tooth's root is layered with the sinus).  what should i do?  should i go see an ent?

thank you.

kelly
Avatar_dr_f_tn
It would be best to see an ENT specialist. Although there may not be any problem, this would be the best thing to do, as the root of the tooth was near the sinus. Doing so will help detect any problem in the early stages and can help with the management.
Hope this helps.