Dental Health Community
Blue bump on gum behind top front teeth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Blue bump on gum behind top front teeth

Hi i had a swelling just behind the location of my incisor teeth in the gums.It swelled down but now in nearly two weeks its still there as a blue bump...having turned from a white swelling on the gums...im not sure if it was caused from a piece of bone when i was eating...im now very worried that in almost 2 weeks its still there..and is now blue....any advice?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
A dental examination and examination of your oral cavity is necessary for determining the cause of your symptoms. Any lump on gums can be caused by an infection, injury or canker sores. Another possibility is that it may be a cyst which is a small pocket filled with fluid .Mucoceles are a harmless, common condition resulting from the collection of clear fluid on the interior surface of the lip. See a doctor. Treatment will be specific based on the cause. Keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!