Dental Health Expert Forum
Bone Graft #2

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Bone Graft #2

I am trying to get an implant in tooth #8.  I had one bone graft that did okay.  He tried to put in the implant and said there still was not enough bone so he did a second graft a week ago.  I am having pain in my gums.  All of my gums.  It feels like there is meat or something stuck between all of my teeth top and bottom.  I'm still having to take Motrin every day to help with the pain.  Could this be an allergic reaction or is this normal?
It may be due to the surgery of trying to place the implant as well as doing a bone graft.  You could always follow up with your dentist to find out if this is normal or not.