Dental Health Community
Bone Graft Failure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Bone Graft Failure

I had a molar extracted 2 weeks ago which was in really bad shape. It was a long and painful extraction that took 2 hours. Within 3 days all of the bone came out of the socket. When I returned the dentist had to redo everything with more surgery to implant the bone again, which was agonizing seeing I was still recovering from the extraction a week before! Here I am 4 days post surgery for the new bone grafts and I see they are falling out again! This is after he sutured my tooth gums to the cheek of my mouth for a tighter fit of the graft.
I am definitely not going to let him replace the grafts at this point, so please tell me what are my options at this point. I am so stressed and aggravated after 2 weeks of pain and lack of sleep. Why does the graft keep coming out?
Thank you