Dental Health Community
Broken Molar

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Broken Molar

My bottom right molar is broke along the edge, the side next to another tooth. kind of confusing but it's hard to explain. Anyway, about 10 years ago my filling fell out. I went to the dentist and he filled it again using a white filling (he said it was because the hole was so big).  About a year ago my tooth starting chipping and now one side is broke. The filling seems fine though. My question is, what can i do for this pain? I know I need to see a dentist and if I had the money I would, but it's impossible right now. It feels like someone is stabbing me in my tooth. At one point the pain was so severe I was shaking.  It feels kind of like the nerve is exposed. I took an 800mg Ibuprofen last night (which I never do) and it helped a lot, but I'm out now. I should also mention that I take 80mg of Propranolol a day for Mitral Valve Prolapse and Tachycardia. Also 1-1/2mg of Ativan for anxiety. What can I take to ease this horrible pain?? Please help me, thank you.  
I forgot to mention that it feels like the pain is radiating on the whole right side of my mouth.