Dental Health Expert Forum
Broken Procelain Veneer

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Broken Procelain Veneer
My procelain veneer broke a couple months ago and I've been keeping it together with Krazy Glue.  Unfortunately, the glue doesn't hold up long.  Sometimes the bond hold for a week....sometimes an hour.  I'm tired of gluing my tooth on every morning.  I am looking for a recommendation for an adhesive or glue that I can use.  I don't think a cement will work because it would take up to much space between the two procelain pieces (which would basically be like me reattaching the broken piece without me fix scraping off the excess Krazy Glue on the tooth).  Please advise.  Thanks.
Can't help you there, you need to get to the dentist to repair or more likely remake the veneer.  Veneers are very difficult to repair once fractured.  Good luck.
by trying even once with the cazy glue you've probably ruined any chance of repair. the restoration, or a different type of restoration, will need to be re-made if the tooth itself is still in good shape. krazy glue, or any other non dental adhesive, is not made for dental issues and is not appropriate for the mouth.
A related discussion, dental adhesives was started.