Dental Health Community
Bump/Lump in Roof of Mouth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Bump/Lump in Roof of Mouth

About two days ago I developed a bump on the roof of mouth that is in the back, on the right side of the roof of my mouth. The bump is a little reddish and slightly painful when i press on it with my tongue. It feels like a lump when i swallow. I quit smoking/smokeless tobacco over a month ago after about 2 years of on and off use of both of them. Does anyone know what this could be? The bump is a about the size of a pea. I can definitely feel it with my tongue and it is really bothering me. Could this be cancerous? Any help would be great.
Seeing an oral pathologist or oral surgeon is advised.
i just saw my doctor and he says its nothing to worry about. Actually the pain has gone down and the lump isn't as big. A big relief......