Dental Health Expert Forum
Bump in my mouth

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Bump in my mouth
I was wondering if anyone had any idea of what this is. Yesterday I noticed a small bump in my mouth on the inside of my lip. (stretch your lip out and the bump I have is right in front of the line) It really isn't visible but it is raised and kind of white. It doesn't hurt or anything like that I just can feel it when I run my tongue inbetween my lips and my teeth. Maybe I hit my chin on something and it cause a bump in my mouth? It's not a canker sore because it doesn't hurt and doesn't look like the pictures I found on the internet. It just looks like a pimple or something. The area around it looks normal and fine. I know you guys can't give me a diagnosis but maybe somebody has had the same thing or kinda have an idea of what it is? Can you get pimples in your mouth?? Thanks
It might be a blocked mucous duct. It is probably nothing but if it doesn't go away see an oral surgeon to be sure.