Dental Health Expert Forum
Bump on Tongue
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Bump on Tongue

Hi Dr.  Yesterday I felt a sore lump on my tongue, it was red and raised a little.  This morning I checked and the lump is still there but now all the little papules (is that the right word!?) are yellowish white.  The lump/bump is right in the middle of my tongue.  It's sore to the touch and not a very hard lump but rather large for a bump on the tongue, about the circumference of an eraser head. Of course when you put lump on tongue into a google search, the only thing that comes up is cancer.  I'm a 32 year old female who has never smoked so that seems unlikely but I guess it's never out of the question.  I keep feeling it with my finger which I'm sure isn't helping the situation.  Is there cause for serious concern?  How many days should I wait if there is no change before I go to the dr?  Thanks.