Dental Health Expert Forum
Bump on roof of mouth

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Bump on roof of mouth
About a month ago I noticed a small round lump on the roof of my mouth towards the back, now since I have dentures I normally run my tongue around the upper palate after I take them out...so I know this is kind of new.  I had my upper shortened in the back so I know its not the palate of the denture because it doesn't cover it anylonger, but the edge of the denture does push on this spot.  It doesnt hurt at all, now this is scaring me!!!!  Im pretty sure its not a canker sore because it would hurt.

These are still my immediates and since they don't fit well I normally have them out more than I wear them.  I will ask my dentist about this when I go for my permanent impressions.  In the mean time should I worry about it?

Hope
In my opinion, you needdn't worry about it.  To be sure follow up with your dentist.
Also could this just be the normal part of my mouth and I just never noticed it before??  The upper now pushes on it and after I take the top out its more pronounced, then after a few hours it goes back down slightly.
since these are "immediates" it means you hace had recent extractions. What you describe may be either from denture irritation or a bony bump around a socket where a tooth was recently extracted. you should visit your dentist and have it looked at to alleviate your anxiety and to make sure it is not something more serious.
Its not where a tooth was, its a little near the middle of my mouth in the back.  Since they cut the upper to make it shorter it now pushes this spot, which after taking the dentures out, it puffs up alot, then it starts going back down about an hour or so after I take my teeth out.  I noticed it the first night after taking out the denture (I guess cause it pushes on it).  It will go down alot but I am still aware that there is something there.  I had no idea about it when I took out my denture when it was longer.

Im going to have my permanent dentures done the day after Christmas, I will show them this, IF they can see it.

Hope
I just came back from the dentist.........she said the lump was perfectly fine, it just happened from the way the denture was sitting on my palate since it was shortened.  She looked at it closely and felt it!

Thanks for everyones support
Was the bump called a Maxillary Tori?