Dental Health Expert Forum
Bumps on Upper and Lower Back Gums

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Bumps on Upper and Lower Back Gums
Hi Doc ... please can you give me your honest opinion on wether I should be concerned.
I've had alot of small, invisable bumps on the back of my lower and upper gums for about a year now.  I visited my local dentist and she says that she can't see anything but when I run my tongue I can feel them.  They are quite irritating and seem to get worse as the day progresses.  My tongue also feels like it's swollen.  I'm a smoker, so I'm abit concerned that all is not well!  Please give me your advice.
Thank you
To ease your mind I would seek out an oral surgeon for a definitive diagnosis.
Thank you Doc .... so you think this is something serious to worry about?  I've had them for about a year now .. seems to get worse during the course of the day.  I've been to see an oral hygienist too and they couldn't pick anything up?
What do you think it could be?