Dental Health Expert Forum
Bumps on back of tongue

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Bumps on back of tongue
Hello, A few days ago my throat started feeling irriatated, and just yesterday, the back of my tongue on one side started bothering me as well.  At first I thought it was just a blister, but when I looked in the mirror this morning, I  found multiple bumps of all different sizes covering the back of my tongue.  I know for a fact that I have never had any bumps like this before. What are all the possibilitys of what this could be, where it came from, and how it could be taken care of?
There are taste buds onthe back of the tongue. It is possible that they became irritated for some reason. If the situation persists see an oral surgeon for a consultation.
Oh I forgot to add, When I bite down litely with teeth on these bumps, I feel pain.
I know that when i eat something hot and my tongue gets burned, i experience the same type of pain you are reffering to.  Almost identical.  I have the same spots on my tongue, that is normal.  Sometimes spicy foods can irritate the taste buds, causing the same symptoms you are describing.
i had the same experienced before....thats was when i tried to ate a very hot noodles, after that i felt pain on the back of my tongue....it stopped when i gargle mouthwash....
A related discussion, i smoke lotts weed... was started.
A related discussion, Bumps on tongue was started.