Dental Health Expert Forum
Bumps on inner gums behind teeth infront of gums
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Bumps on inner gums behind teeth infront of gums

Several months ago I noticed bumps were forming in my lower gums behind my teeth in front of my tongue. First, there was just a raised rough patch. It's sharp feeling and kind of bony. On one side there is a teeny tiny bump almost ball shaped with a bigger hard bump next to it. I can't move it around. On the other side the there is another large bump that I also can't move around. There is no change in color and are only painful when I tend to irritate it with my tongue. I'm still not quite used to these foreign additions to my mouth. I'm eighteen and I used to smoke, but I wouldn't say I was a heavy smoker. I'm just wondering what the issue is!!