Dental Health Expert Forum
Bumps on inner gums behind teeth infront of gums

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Several months ago I noticed bumps were forming in my lower gums behind my teeth in front of my tongue. First, there was just a raised rough patch. It's sharp feeling and kind of bony. On one side there is a teeny tiny bump almost ball shaped with a bigger hard bump next to it. I can't move it around. On the other side the there is another large bump that I also can't move around. There is no change in color and are only painful when I tend to irritate it with my tongue. I'm still not quite used to these foreign additions to my mouth. I'm eighteen and I used to smoke, but I wouldn't say I was a heavy smoker. I'm just wondering what the issue is!!
My initial guess is that they are mandibular tori, which is basically excess bone in the jaw.  Probably a good idea to get it checked out by a dentist in case its something else but that's my guess from your description.