Dental Health Expert Forum
Burning Mouth Syndrome???

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Burning Mouth Syndrome???
The past day or so I started to notice that the gums behind my lower teeth had become slightly inflamed and sore the soreness quickly spread to underneath my tongue and now the edges of my tongue are really sore. I have noticed tiny white dots on the edge and underneath my tongue. The tip of my tongue is now pretty numb and can't taste much and it is all very painful. I have searched the symptoms online and found that 'burning mouth syndrome' kinda matched them. I am a 25 yr old female and from research I know that BMS is normally found in women of menopausal age so pretty confused what this might be. Any Suggestions??
Its possible it may be burning mouth syndrome.  A proper examination would be beneficial in order to figure out if that's what it is though.  Sorry, its hard to diagnose over the internet but I would recommend seeing a dentist.  Its possible it may be an allergic reaction to something as well.