Busted Blood Vessel
My husband went to the dentist today and while the dentist was giving him the numbing shots he punctured a blood vessel. My husbands now has a black eye and he looks like he has a softball inside his mouth.That's how swollen that side of the face is. Is there anything we can do at home? He has been keeping an ice pack on it which has not helped the swelling.
Dental Anaesthesia has some side effects and it can show its adverse effects if proper precautions are not taken
The basic side effect is hematoma. In this if the needle is injected that might puncture or damage some blood vessel that may result in clot under the surface of skin in the mouth or may affect some gum. The chances of swelling may take place which may be dangerous. Basically this swelling dissolves within 7-10 days without any treatment.

I would take your husband to the ER!