Dental Health Expert Forum
CHIPPED CROWN

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

CHIPPED CROWN

HELLO. I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM AND HAVE A DENTAL QUESTION. I RECENTLY CHIPPED ONE OF MY CROWNS WHILE EATING HARD CANDY. I DON'T HAVE ANY PAIN THERE, IT'S JUST JAGGED AND SHARP. I WANT TO GO TO THE DENTIST BUT I AM MEDICARE/MEDICAID AND THEY ONLY FILL CAVITIES FOR YOU. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. I CAN'T AFFORD TO REPLACE THE CAP. I WONDER IF MAYBE THE DENTIST COULD JUST FILE IT DOWN SOME? ANY ADVISE WILL BE APPRECIATED AND HAVE A GREAT DAY
Avatar dr m tn
Although not ideal, if the crown is structurally sound  it can be smoothed down to be more comfortable for you.  Hopefully it is not a crown in the front of your mouth.  Good luck.