Aa
A
A
Close
CONSTANTS EAR/THROAT PAIN AFTER DENTURES
I just had all my lower and bottom teeth, well what was left of them. And I am getting dental implants on my lower mouth and regular dentures on top. It has been only 3weeks since my surgery and I am currently wearing dentures on top and bottom until the gums heal. I have since had a lower swollen lip, that last for a week and was so painful that everytime I put the dentures on it worsened. It has become decreasingly painful but at times only benadryl helps. NOW, I am also experiencing sore throat, and ears feeling little itchy scratchy feeling that is constant while wearing the dentures. It doesn't respond to the benadryl very well, so I end up taking the dentures out and about 30 ins later the pains lessen tremendously. There are some days that I do not have any problems but it seems that if I try to keep them on overnight like my dentist suggested, I wake up in alot of pain and my gums are so irritated that I cant remove the dentures fast enough to be relieved, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY I AM EXPERIENCING THIS?

Could it be the fixodent and with all the high levels of zinc, and other side effects- with all the medical technology couldn;t someone develop a new technology that would allow teeth to regrow again so that all of us in this situation with dentures can live a normal life and not a life of being poisioned with zinc, allergic reactions, embarrasment from dentures slipping?

This discussion is related to Constant sore throat since getting dentures.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Seeing a prosthodontist to evaluate and adjust denture accordingly is advised.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
Top Dental Answerers
Blank
scottma