CONSTANTS EAR/THROAT PAIN AFTER DENTURES
I just had all my lower and bottom teeth, well what was left of them. And I am getting dental implants on my lower mouth and regular dentures on top. It has been only 3weeks since my surgery and I am currently wearing dentures on top and bottom until the gums heal. I have since had a lower swollen lip, that last for a week and was so painful that everytime I put the dentures on it worsened. It has become decreasingly painful but at times only benadryl helps. NOW, I am also experiencing sore throat, and ears feeling little itchy scratchy feeling that is constant while wearing the dentures. It doesn't respond to the benadryl very well, so I end up taking the dentures out and about 30 ins later the pains lessen tremendously. There are some days that I do not have any problems but it seems that if I try to keep them on overnight like my dentist suggested, I wake up in alot of pain and my gums are so irritated that I cant remove the dentures fast enough to be relieved, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY I AM EXPERIENCING THIS?

Could it be the fixodent and with all the high levels of zinc, and other side effects- with all the medical technology couldn;t someone develop a new technology that would allow teeth to regrow again so that all of us in this situation with dentures can live a normal life and not a life of being poisioned with zinc, allergic reactions, embarrasment from dentures slipping?

This discussion is related to Constant sore throat since getting dentures.
Seeing a prosthodontist to evaluate and adjust denture accordingly is advised.