Dental Health Community
Can I wait just a few more days with this abscessed tooth? NO PAIN, and...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can I wait just a few more days with this abscessed tooth? NO PAIN, and SLIGHT SWELLING FOR 2 WEEKS?

I had a constant dull annoying feeling in my bottom molar for a few months and in the past few weeks I have started to get a little bit of swelling on the side where the tooth is. I am pretty sure that it is an abscessed tooth. I went to the doctor a week and a half ago and he peaked really quickly and prescribed me some Amoxicillin which helped the swelling a lot but I just took my last one this morning and the swelling has come back a little bit.

I just started a new job and won't have dental insurance until Oct. 1st. I am kind of worried that this swelling might lead to something more serious but I am also wondering that if because it responded well to antibiotics already if I get back on them for a few days (I have a prescription refill tomorrow to fill) if I can get by with waiting until Oct 1st (assuming I can get in on that date).

What do you guys think?