Dental Health Expert Forum
Can Permanent Tooth Crown be removed?

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Can Permanent Tooth Crown be removed?

I recently visited India and had some food sticking between my back tooth due the shape. the dentist recommended that i get permanent crown placed so that the food will not stick there. I got it done in impulse and now regretting it as the pain remains constant from jaws to ears.

Can this crown be removed?

what are the pros and cons please?
Yes, you can remove the crown and get it replaced with another.  I would go to a dentist to find out if the crown looked fine or not.  Its also possible that there is some injury to the pulp of  the tooth causing the pain as well.  If that is the case, then the tooth would need a root canal which can be done through the crown and a new crown may not need to be made.  

1 Comment
A related discussion, Crowns was started.