Dental Health Expert Forum
Can a tooth infection cause dizziness, ear pressure, and sinus trouble?...

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Can a tooth infection cause dizziness, ear pressure, and sinus trouble?

I've been trying to get to the bottom of a problem for the last 1 1/2 years which involves terrible bouts of dizziness, ear ringing, ear pressure, jaw tingling, headaches, head rushes / flashes up light when making sudden movement, and sinus / allergy problems.

I went to the dentist the first time in 5 years and we were discussing things that might be causing my problems. He noticed a cavity which was 40% of the tooth was filled about 7-8 years ago and it goes right into the nerves. It was his opinion that a root canal should be done but couldn't comment on whether or not he thought my symptoms might be because of tooth infection because he had never experienced my situation before. He said in theory, it could happen though.

Is it possible that after a number of years a tooth infect could finally catch up to you causing sudden symptoms similar to sinusitis, meniere's disease, vestibular migraine, etc.
A related discussion, Lower jaw tooth and dizziness was started.