Dental Health Expert Forum
Can bridges in good shape be removed and reused
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Can bridges in good shape be removed and reused

I have two crowns that were made about 20 years ago.  Every doctor who had seen me since then has remarked about the workmanship and color match.  I was just told by a new dentist that I have some small decay on one tooth of each bridge.  One bridge covers a one-tooth gap, and the remaining bridge on the opposite side of my mouth covers two missing teeth.

According to the new dentist, she MUST cut out the old bridges, as they can't be removed.  She is also asking for about $7,000 for new bridges.  Since the bridges are in perfect condition, can the bridges be removed, the cavity filled and the bridges re-installed or perhaps repaired and reinstalled.  I have no insurance and can't afford this cost.