Dental Health Expert Forum
Can my smile be fixed? Roughly how much?

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Hi, for many years my teeth have been a concern. I've problems with decay and I've had those filled in, but going to the dentist has usually been "when needed" basis. Now I want to face it and try and get a smile I can be confident with. I'm seeing my dentist and hygenist in order to look after what's there, but because I didn't have braces when I should've when I was younger (neglectful mother), so I have one fang (incisor?) that is there, comes right out of the front of the gum and I hate it. Is it possible to have this corrected, and what would be the first place into looking into this?
I would recommend seeing a general dentist to get it evaluated.  They should make any proper referrals for cosmetic adjustments to your teeth.  Definitely ask them to explain the situation and the logic behind their treatment recommendations.  Another source may be an orthodontist if the teeth are out of position.  But your orthodontist would probably want to make sure you're cavity free prior to starting braces.