Can receeding gums be reverses?
I do not have any swelling  of my gums or bleeding when I brush.  I use a soft brush for an electric Oral B toothbrush.  I'm 60 years old and just notice that my gums are receding.  Several questions:
I don't have the signs of gingivitis that I would expect - swollen red gums; bleeding when I brush.  Can this be because of my age - 60 years?  Is there anything that can be done to reverse the recession?  Cost is of concern to me.  Am I looking at a big expense?
I think gum recession is one of the first things I wish I had paid attention.  As it were, I didn't.  My gums didn't bleed and weren't sore or swollen and I brushed every day, so periodontal disease was the furthest thing from my mind.  
But, I still wound up getting it and just had implants done to replace my 4 front top teeth.
A quick check with your dentist will answer your questions and a cleaning may be all you need to stop your recession from going further, but you can't grow back lost gum.
It's also alot cheaper to stop any problem sooner rather than wait like I did.
Hope this helps.  
Gellia
Thanks.  I helps to know someone else did not pick this up when it first started.  I'm going to call on Monday for an appointment to see my dentist.

Suzanne
That's great news.  I think you are on your way to saving your teeth.  

I had NO idea.  Never had any symptoms and my old regular dentist never said a word.  He never did any xrays either.  I got sloppy in my going to see him.  
If I hadn't tried to dance my way through a plate glass door, face first (I was playing with my new puppy!) and smashed in my face, I would never have know and possibly lost ALL my teeth.  As it were, four had to go and they were in the front. :(   I now have implants there and battling to save the rest.

Best to you!!  You are doing yourself a VERY important favor.
Gellia
Gellia,

Good morning.  Hope you had a nice Easter.

I can't believe how bad I am.  I hit an "s" instead of "d" in reversed and I left off the "t" in "it".  I'm really not illiterate I just have poor typing and proofing skills.

Suzanne
LOLOL  

I was able to read it!  
Wonder what that says about my eyes!!  LOLOL  

I'm so glad you are going to make an appt.  It really is the only way to stop that gumline recession.  I so wish I had known sooner, but with none of the usual signs of periodontal disease, I lulled myself into thinking I was OK.  I wasn't.  It was too late to save the front four but, thankfully the rest seem fine.  

It has been a long and very expensive lesson.  I'm very happy you came to this site and perhaps it will help you where I didn't help myself.

Best to you.  Let us know how you do.
Gellia