Dental Health Community
Canker sores not big deal... right?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Canker sores not big deal... right?

Assuming that is what I am seeing... and I've not seen a doctor or anything... but lets just assume that I have correctly identified what is inside of my cheek.

From what I've read, canker sores are really no big deal.... right?  I mean, I shouldn't stress out about it, right? I've read they aren't contagious. So, I couldn't have caught it from someone, and MORE importantly I can't give it to anyone, right?  If I give oral sex to a woman while I have a canker sore present, there is not chance (in the same way herpes can be spread) that it would affect her vagina, right?
Blank
Hi,
Providing you are sure it is a canker sore, there should be no problem with oral sex.  A cold sore on the lip is a different story, though.

Canker sores are ulcers of unknown origin on the mucous membrane.  A cold sore is a virus (herpes simplex to be exact) and can be contagious.

What you have said is correct.  

As long as you are sure it's just a canker sore.

Best to you,
Gellia