Aa
A
A
Close
Blank
923998 tn?1247005270
Canker sores not big deal... right?
  Assuming that is what I am seeing... and I've not seen a doctor or anything... but lets just assume that I have correctly identified what is inside of my cheek.

From what I've read, canker sores are really no big deal.... right?  I mean, I shouldn't stress out about it, right? I've read they aren't contagious. So, I couldn't have caught it from someone, and MORE importantly I can't give it to anyone, right?  If I give oral sex to a woman while I have a canker sore present, there is not chance (in the same way herpes can be spread) that it would affect her vagina, right?
Cancel
2 Answers
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi,
Providing you are sure it is a canker sore, there should be no problem with oral sex.  A cold sore on the lip is a different story, though.

Canker sores are ulcers of unknown origin on the mucous membrane.  A cold sore is a virus (herpes simplex to be exact) and can be contagious.

What you have said is correct.  

As long as you are sure it's just a canker sore.

Best to you,
Gellia
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
923998 tn?1247005270
  Thank you.    I'm not a doctor, so I won't pretend to be one.   But **IF we can assume** that I am correct, and it's just a canker sore, then I'm not going to do any damage or harm to someone.

Well, I feel better about that now. Thank you for your response.
Comment
Cancel
923998 tn?1247005270
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
923998 tn?1247005270
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources