Dental Health Expert Forum
Cavities in the front teeth?

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Cavities in the front teeth?

I have a cavity (or at least that's what it looks like)at the top - right on the gumline - of each of my two front teeth. The area started out kinda white, then turned pink, and now is black. They aren't very big, but have been getting bigger as time goes on. I've now discovered that I'm getting another one on a side tooth as well. They don't hurt, but I'm worried. I don't have dental insurance right now and don't know what to do and how serious this is. I was just wondering what can they do to fix this or will I have to get false teeth? I'm freaked out. Thanks.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
It sounds like that these can very simply be filled at this time with tooth colored  fillings. The longer you wait the more serious it will become.
can probably be fixed. they dont hurt becasue they haven't reached the nerve yet. when they do, it will hurt and be much more expensive to fix.
the best way to save money and your teeth is early detection. no diagnosis can be made over the computer without xrays or an exam. there are plenty of places that offer financial credit or payment plans. cavities in the front can be due to many things like sipping soda all day or drug use. see a dentist before it gets too large or expensive.
thanks for the input,  ya'll. i've never used drugs, but i do drink A LOT of cokes so i'm assuming maybe that's partly to blame. i also have a major sweet tooth all the time. i will get them taken care of within the next month or two. i hope that's soon enough! thanks again!
A related discussion, my two front teeth!! was started.