Dental Health Community
Cavity under Filling?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Cavity under Filling?

Yesterday I went to see my dentist because I had a filling fall out.  She said that there was a cavity/infection under the filling, which caused the filling to fall out and now I need a root canal.  I don't have any pain with the tooth unless food gets caught in it or when the dentist taps on it.  Is this something that my original dentist should fix?

Also, could the infection be causing me to be sick?  I've had severe allergy symptoms for several months now, but no allergy medicines are helping.  I've never had allergies before so I wondered if this could be connected.
if the infection was to the point of making you sick you would have more symptoms. odds it is not connected. you may want to be check for a sinus infection which can sometimes mimic allergies. it you have minimal pain usually the infection hasnt gone that far. i suggest you go to an root canal specialist and have the tooth examined. it does sound like a root canal might be necessary.