Dental Health Expert Forum
Cement from crown leaving a bad taste

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Cement from crown leaving a bad taste
I had a crown put in mid-March, and have experienced an odd taste in my mouth since then. It coats my tongue and tastes kind of metallic, and I feel like I have very bad breath.

I went back to the dentist who did the work, and had him check it. He said that he could switch adhesives, or do a root canal. He advised me to come back if it still persisted, but I lost trust in him.

Is there a reason why dental cement would leak, and is there a way to correct this?

Thank you very much!
Hi!

Well.. it can have various reasons.. one possible reason is that the crowns has not been closed completely (between your gum and the edge of the crown) after fixing.

One possible way of correction would be, if the crown could be reshaped or a filling could be added.. maybe.. one would have to see that...
My aunt was in hungary, at the empireclinic, she really is satisfied and had no problem at all with her crowns..
Bests