Dental Health Community
Cerec & cosmetic dentistry
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cerec & cosmetic dentistry

Is Cerec good for front teeth cosmetic dentistry?  My dentist says he can do all my teeth or however many I want to make my smile better (when the assistant said I could do six teeth, I told her that I learned you never want to do the 'six front" teeth).  I have concerns b/c I was told by another dentist that you never want to do just the six front teeth b/c when you smile the corners usually drop off and it doesn't look good.  How do I know how to choose a good dentist for cosmetic purposes?  I asked my dentist how many he has done, he said over 5,000.  My hygenist told me he is very very good.  When I asked for before and afters he said he didn't have any to provide.  I like the idea of having it done in one day, but am concerned about how it is going to turn out. He also uses Cerec and I was told that his dental assitant is excellent at designing the teeth.   Is Cerec a more conservative that other vaneers that are sent out to dental labs?  I would really like to get my teeth fixed but very confused on how to go about finding the right dentist.  I have already consulted with two other dentists a year ago.  One provided a referral and when the referral show me his teeth I was not impressed.  I need help in finding the right dentist.  Thanks for your help.