Dental Health Expert Forum
Cheek bite.

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Cheek bite.
I believe I bit the inside of my cheek.  A very large ulcer developed.  It became painful and looked like it had pus, my jaw also started to swell and lock when I ate.  Dentist put me on antibiotics.  Jaw keeps swelling when I chew.  Its been over 3 days now, and I wonder if this is normal, and is there anything else I can do to ease the pain?
Usually three days of antibiotics should start improving the symptoms.  If it is continuing to swell, the antibiotics may not be working and should probably be switched.  It may also be a good idea to try to drain some of the pus out to relieve the pressure building up inside.