Dental Health Expert Forum
Chin/jaw pain after filling?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Chin/jaw pain after filling?

Hi,

Couple weeks ago I found out that I need 4 fillings to be done. ( 2 fillings for upper second and first molar and 2 fillings for lower third and first molar.Both left side. ) I had 2 upper fillings just a week ago without injection, it was fine, no pain at all.

Yesterday I went to my dentist appointment and told that I don't need an injection, sadly it was too painful so dentist injected me couple times of some stuff. My half of my tongue was numb, half of my lower teeth and my whole chin. Numbness went away after 5-6 hours, but I've noticed that there is pain in my left side jaw and left side throat.

I feel the pain it's like coming from the jaw. Whenever I try to swallow(or lift my neck) I feel pain in left side jaw and throat. I also feel pain when try to open up mouth.

I never had problems with TMJ, I have grinded teeth before, but it was long long time I ago, when I was little. Now I'm 24 years old.

What should I do in this situation?
540545_tn?1377626518
Probably best to contact your  dentist and let him/her know about it.  I'm guessing that maybe the injection might have caused some trauma to the area, resulting in some soreness and stiffness.  But there is always a low risk of infection from dental treatment that may be an issue as well.

2 Comments
Blank
Thanks for the answer.

My pain completely gone since today's morning, but I booked an appointment with dentist just to check why I had this problem..
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
540545_tn?1377626518
Jerome Tsang, DDSBlank
Irvine Modern Dentistry
Irvine, CA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now