Dental Health Community
Chipped tooth at base

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Chipped tooth at base

Someone has a similiar post to this and I wanted to find out the cause. For a couple of days the gums at the base of one of my incisors on the lower, left side of my mouth began to receed and bleed significantly, especially during brushing. After a few days, a piece of the bottom of my tooth came out while brushing. I saw it, so I know it wasnn't a chunk of tartar as one dentist suggested. I have no pain, just mior irriation when I eat something like an apple. I would like to know if the tooth can be filled and what causes something like that.
Tags: tooth, chipped
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Your questions are great. The first thing you want to do is to figure out what is causing this. It could be due to hard brushing, it could be due to decay, it could be due to trauma or it could be due to a bad bite. Any of these are signs of something not being right. It could also be a combination of these things. So first thing is first, figure out what is causing this, then you remove the cause and then finally, you will treat this situation.
See if any of these symptoms you have yet as well. If you do not, your chances of success are much higher and also much easier to fix. If not, I would see a dentist immediately. Sometimes it is better to get things taken care of earlier vs. waiting.
http://www.top3dentists.com/pages/neuro_dentistry