Dental Health Community
Chronic pain and sensitivity after fixed bridges. Help please!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chronic pain and sensitivity after fixed bridges. Help please!

Hi,

I had two fixed bridges installed two months ago (over my front teeth) . The sensitivity is improving, but when I lay down at night, I have bad headaches and toothaches. The pain often goes to my jaws.  I have seen my dentist twice about it: the first time, he took x-rays and he said that a 'ligament was widening' which may have precipitated an abcess (abscess). I hadn't been using the sensitivity toothpaste regularly so he instructed me to use it more often and continue flossing, etc, and come back in 2 weeks. I left and the pain continued, even with the toothpaste.  I went to the ER and a doctor prescribed penicillin and tramadol. I finished the penicillin, went back to the dentist yesterday and he said my x-rays look better. He slightly adjusted my bite on one side and said the contact may have been causing the pain. If the pain continues, he recommends that I get a root canal. I respect his professional opinion, but I am not comfortable making that decision yet. If I don't have an abcess (abscess) and my bite is correct, what is causing the pain? Will a root canal help? I am hesitant to go through the pain and expense of a root canal if it might not work. Could it be a TMJ issue? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank