Clear/white line on side of tongue
I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. On the side of my tongue, at the "crease", where the bottom of the tongue meets the rougher topside, I have been experiencing a ill-defined white line/patch. I've tried giving it a very thorough brushing the last few days, which seems to make it fade quite a bit but it always seems to become more noticeable over the course of the day. I've also noticed what looks like a blood blister under my tongue, not sure if they could be related. But both are painless and I've got no other symptoms. Don't use tobacco and practice pretty good dental hygiene.

I've googled some tongue diseases; thrush, leukoplakia, planus lichen etc.. But it doesn't really seem to match any of them, unless perhaps this is a very very mild case of them. I'm wondering if I'm just worrying about nothing (which I tend to do) or if its something i should get checked out. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
You should anything unusual in your mouth, which is white and painless (and not a tooth!) checked out by a doctor or dentist.  
Our 2 month old has similar symptoms.  We noticed a white/clear line on either side of her tongue.  Recently, one side has developed white/clear patches or circles while the other side now has a more defined white/clear line.  it doesn't seem to be painful, as it does not seem to effect her during feedings.  She did have thrush about a month ago and is now on antibiotics and tylenol for a recent illness.  Not sure what effects, if any, these might be having on the condition.  Did you go to the doctor?  What did s/he say?  Any new info gained from your research?
I have a similar line of the right side of my tongue as well. Its white/clear and can look like a patch but is really a line in the "crease" of the tongue. I know i tend to bite my inner cheeks, lips and sides of my tongue but i dont know if this has anything to do with it.  It appears as though it is just excess skin. It will come right off with brushing and will generally appear again the next day.There is no pain, no bleeding and there are no other sores in my mouth.  It never gets any worse and I dont have any other signs or symptoms. It seems to just be there.  Has anyone figured out what this is?
I consulted with a oral pathologist on this type of condition and the things to look into are geographic tongue (Benign migratory glossitis) or tongue thrusting,

links
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geographic_tongue
http://www.geographictongue.org/
hello. i have a white line on the right side of my tounge as well. my dentist said i should watch it and make sure it dosn't turn another color or a diffrent shape. Do you think it could be tounge cancer???? or is it anything that needs treatment?? or is it just normal?