Dental Health Community
Complicated tooth extraction..... now brown spots on tongue...HELP

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Hello. Last wed I had two molars removed. Top one went perfect no issues there. The bottom one however was a pain in the royal behind. Needless to say had to take over 1 1/2 hrs to get the dang thing out. After it was out got stitched up then got antibiotic (due to abscess that was forming in the root system) and pain med. First was severely swollen and hard to talk and swallow and everything. Then past saturday I took out the stitches and was food trapped under them (only liquid type foods btw) but somehow it became trapped anyway. Got them out and feeling better on that front a bit. Still swollen some and loads of discomfort and still have problems with talking but better than before. Now Sunday night started to notice these two brown patches/spots on my tongue that is on either side of the part line and its numb and tingly like and have a metal type taste in my mouth. I have no idea whats going on but I need help. I dont know whats going on.  PLEASE HELP!