Confused over dentist advice
I saw my dentist in August about a sore gum he advised I change the crown, I left this as I had no pain and gum settled down. I then returned in November and he checked the x ray and said I needed to remove tooth urgently due to the decay underneath still no pain. I wanted to wait until after xmas as I was traveling and he said not to leave it more than a couple of weeks as it could be dangerous.
He then tried to remove it on Jan 08 but everything went wrong the crown is broken and the tooth next to it broke and I have the roots sitting exposed in the gum.The crown seems fine apart from having a bit broken off and the gum around it is now okay but I can only eat soft foods on one side.

I have been referred to the hospital with a wait of around 3 months !! but when I asked the dentist was it safe to wait he said no problem it wouldnt make any difference - why the sudden change if he was telling me how urgent it was in November !!

Would a dentist lie ?