Dental Health Community
Constant pain in jaw

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Constant pain in jaw

I had gone to the dentist for a regular cleaing and when I came home the night is when the pain started to occure. I now have had the pain since then. I had called the day after and told them I was having pains, but they said it could be due to stress or nerves and that I had to have my mouth open for a while...but how comes it never happened before and I was nervous other times and the pain did not occure like this. The night when the pain started, I felt like I was going to pass out...but now it is just a little pain. I tried taking tylinol which didn't seem to help. I have to go back to the dentist cause I have one cavity...I am just so scared now. I didn't expect my mouth to hurt so much like this and I can't remember if the dentist ever said I had TMJ or not. I guess I should ask him when I go back in a month...I am just scared!
Oh and since the cleanings my mouth has not felt normal and it's been almost a week.