Dental Health Expert Forum
Continued numbness in mouth after dental injection
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Continued numbness in mouth after dental injection

I had a root canal on tooth #30 one week ago.  I am still experiencing numbness on the right half of my tongue and the tongue side of my gum tissue.  I called my dentist and he gave me decadron to take for seven days.  I'm not sure if I want to take it or wait it out and see if it clears on its own.  What is your recommendation?  Thank you.
Related Discussions
I would suggest you wait awhile for the feeling to return. It may take some time but I believe it will improve gradually and that you will get the entire feeling back.
2 Comments
Blank
2 weeks ago I had 8 teeth prepared for veneers under general anaesthesia for 4 hours. Several days ago I noticed a feeling of facial numbness including neck and ears similar to coming out of a typical local dental injection. It's very uncomfortable. Is it from the dental procedure - and is there something my dentist can do about it.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank