Crack in middle of tongue?
I've recently noticed that I have developed a crack in the middle of my tongue. It is not massive, but is still not normal (for me at least). I know it hasn't always been there because I had to put some stuff on an ulcer in my mouth and I recall looking all over my tongue for more of them, crack was not present at the time. Anyway I clean my teeth at least twice a day, including gums and brushing over the tongue. I do smoke but only one cigarette every 1 - 2 days so not much. I smoke weed sometimes often, sometimes just leaving it for a week. My tongue looks pink and healthy, there is a bit of white stuff at the back of the tongue, but all I drink is milk and it tends to build up. My mother said I probably got it because I've been sucking on sweets or something, which funny enough I was sucking on throat sweets (3 - 6 of them) during the day before the crack's became present. However, I do not believe this would have caused it? I did hear that if there are crack's in the middle of the tongue its a sign there is something wrong with your stomach or spleen, which funny enough AGAIN I've had a LITTLE bit of an upset stomach, nothing too bad. Ideas? Opinions? Views?
does it hurt?...just sounds like a fissured tongue.usually no reason for concern. its just like wrinkles, they get deep as you get older.About 2% to 5% of the U.S. population has a fissured tongue. brush your tongue. This may help remove debris that has built up in deep fissures, causing irritation. but you probably wont need any kind of treatment.

take care
dental assistant
I'm only eighteen?
Any further help?