Dental Health Community
Crown = abscess
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Crown = abscess

I have had two crowns from different dentists that have resulted in abscesses - the first of which went into my bone and I had to have surgery.  I told both dentists that the crowns did not feel as if they were seated correctly, but of course I was ignored.  The dentists have just told me that these things "happen".  I don't believe it.  It is either incompetence on their part, or there is something wrong with my body.  I am otherwise a very healthy person with good dental hygiene, who eats well and takes supplements.  I do go to a periodontist for gum disease that I have been told that I just have a certain type of bacteria in my mouth that causes this.  Every time I have gone to the dentist - I have switched dentists and have gone to at least 6 in the past 5 years - it has resulted in some catastrophe that has cost me hundreds or thousands of dollars.  I am so upset, I don't know what to do!  Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.