Dental Health Community
Crown Irritation
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Crown Irritation

I recently had a crown (permanent) put in, I still have my wisdom teeth that have been trucking there way into my mouth. I do plan on removing the wisdom teeth, which is cause crowding in its self. However, the crown is very sensitive to hot and cold temperatures, and cause a stinging sensation which is highly annoying then later on painful. Which spreads to the whole side of my jaw and at times my front teeth. I'm afraid to confront my dentist, cause he said I may need a root canal. However, I can chew with the crown, so I wouldn't think that I would need a root canal. Is this normal, is this from my wisdoms, or shall I actually be concern instead of annoyed?        
Related Discussions
If you do need a root canal ask if any formaldehyde is being used, even a little bit.  Don't let a dentist use a material commonly referred to as Sargenti Paste as it cl tak s formaldehyde, lead and mercury in it and is known througout our dental community to be dangerous.  They just forgot to tell us little patients.

I have a tooth that is bothering me too and a root canal is the LAST thing on my list after the mess my first and only one left me in.  Try some sensodyne toothpaste and see if it helps.  I had daily pain and its pretty much gone now....
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...