Crown Irritation
I recently had a crown (permanent) put in, I still have my wisdom teeth that have been trucking there way into my mouth. I do plan on removing the wisdom teeth, which is cause crowding in its self. However, the crown is very sensitive to hot and cold temperatures, and cause a stinging sensation which is highly annoying then later on painful. Which spreads to the whole side of my jaw and at times my front teeth. I'm afraid to confront my dentist, cause he said I may need a root canal. However, I can chew with the crown, so I wouldn't think that I would need a root canal. Is this normal, is this from my wisdoms, or shall I actually be concern instead of annoyed?        
If you do need a root canal ask if any formaldehyde is being used, even a little bit.  Don't let a dentist use a material commonly referred to as Sargenti Paste as it cl tak s formaldehyde, lead and mercury in it and is known througout our dental community to be dangerous.  They just forgot to tell us little patients.

I have a tooth that is bothering me too and a root canal is the LAST thing on my list after the mess my first and only one left me in.  Try some sensodyne toothpaste and see if it helps.  I had daily pain and its pretty much gone now....