Dental Health Community
Crown Pain ... Gum Red and Swollen For Months

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

I feel as if my gums are rejecting my crown.
I have pain, redness and tenderness at the gumline. Tooth #19 had a root canal last August 2006 and checked three times. The crown is perfect but I am in pain. At times the pain subsides and then for no reason it is unbearable. I do have recession and within three weeks of placement I continued to have recession. I thought I may be allergic to the metal or temp/perm cement, but I cannot find anyone to test me for this. I need help and am at a loss of what to do. I have had crowns before and had no problem.
This has been going on for months.
I have tried the warm salt water, Biotene, perio gel, Aloe Vera and on and on.............
I have seen several dentist who have no answers and advise against a non metal crown because it is a molar.
I want to pull this tooth to get relief.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.
You need to find a dentist to work this through with.    If you haven't found a dentist willing to stick it out with you, keep looking for a new dentist.

St