Dental Health Community
Crown Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Crown Pain

Is it normal for a  permanent crown that was just put on to hurt?  The temporay crown did not hurt my toothat all.  Does the pain go away with the permanent crown on?
Going back to your restorative dentist to have more occlusion adjustment is advised.
I had the same problem. My temporary did not hurt and when I got my permanent and start eating my crowned was very painfull. Did you ever went to your dentis.
Yes, my dentist did adjust it, but I still have pain.  My mother and brother strongly suggest I go to another dentist (my brother already mentioned a good one to go to) to handle this problem.  Did your crown pain subside?
Yes the pain is less today. I took a pain reliever yesterday, I am not taking one today (June 31st) and see what will happen. I just had breakfast and the pain subside a bit. I try not to chew on the crowned tooth. But I am still calling my dentist tomorrow and hopefully I getting some answer and I will let you know.
When I had a cavity, I prefer to extract it ... I supposed it will be awkward.
I was a practical decision.
Regards Cat.

[URL="http://www.pearldentalclinic.co.uk"]Teeth Whitening[/URL] - [URL="http://www.ramsayhealth.co.uk"]Private Hospitals[/URL]
My dentist claim I had cracked tooth, because it hurts to chew. So he prepared for crowning and no problem with the temporary crown a little sensitivety and pain. But when the permanent crowned was completed. I have exactly the same problem before the crowning. Is it possible the cracked is worst. I suggest a rootcanal but my dentist said its not nessary since my tooth only hurt when I chew. So I went back for adjustment and my tooth still hurst and now my whole bite is off. I know because after dinner some of my teeth started to hurt. What seems to be the problem with my tooth. I just change my dentist due a insurance and I don't want to change again.
I'm not sure what kind of crack you have on your tooth.  I know there are variables with certain teeth being cracked.  I know somw can easily be prepared.  Well I take that back.  With my experience I know nothing with the tooth can easily be  worked on.  I know for certain that your crowned tooth needs to be adjusted again.  It may take seceral adjustments, but don't despair.  I hade my crowned tooth adjusted again for the second time.  And right after he did it I hurt absolutely no pain, but know I feel very slight pain.  I'm going to wait for a few more days to see if it gets better or worse.  I know for certain some dentist are far more better and skilled than others.