Dental Health Community
Crown Sensitivity

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Crown Sensitivity

I had a crown replaced in October because the old crown was a bit loose and was 19 years old.  The new crown was so sensitive when eating I couldn't chew at all on the tooth.  My dentist shaved it down a bit and sent me on my way.  It never got any better so my dentist removed the crown and replaced it with a temporary crown- 2 months later.  Six days later it fell off leaving the tooth live and very painful.  The next day my dentist cleaned the temporary crown and cemented it back on. I had no pain at all with the temporary.  No sesitivity at all. Two months later I got the new crown put on.  My dentist cut back my gums and put the new crown on.  My tooth is now super sensitive and I am not sure if this is normal because he cut back the gums or should I be calling him again?  I have already been to see him 5 times for one tooth and I am just not sure what to do now.  Will my gums grow back?  Please help.