Dental Health Expert Forum
Crown Uneven on back bottom molar

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Crown Uneven on back bottom molar

Had a crown put on right bottom molar tooth that was not even with the left side molar have a open bite and the back molars are the only teeth that touch, due to the right side being lower than the left the muscles in my neck chest head and back are always contracted and in pain, had the crown redoneand have temp on and pain is still the same temp is now touching, thought bite was corrected but muscles won't settle down, I went 9 months before realizing where the pain was coming from doctors could not figure it out, will the muscles ever relax and take the pain away.
Hopefully.  It may take some time for the muscles to adjust and reprogram themselves to your new (originally old) bite.  Does the new bite help with any of the symptoms?  I was thinking you may want a chiropractic evaluation too.