Dental Health Expert Forum
Crowning over infected teeth
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Crowning over infected teeth

About three years ago, I went and got crowns on my front teeth. Since that time, I have experienced several infections, and surgeries. My ex rays showed infection before the doctor put on the crowns. However, he did not treat the infection until after the fact. Now I'm facing possible extraction of two of the crowned teeth, where the infection was spotted in the beginning.
If the doctor would have treated the infection, would I have the problems I am suffering today? What are the odds of everything being alright, if the infection was addressed properly?

Thanks for your attention.  
540545_tn?1377626518
Sorry.  That's a tough question to answer since I wasn't there to see what was going on prior to and after the crowns were placed.

Have you gone to another dentist to seek a second opinion?  You can request for x-rays from your current dentist and compare the x-rays from before to now.  I'm not sure if it'll help but it may provide some information in regards to your situation.

Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
540545_tn?1377626518
Jerome Tsang, DDSBlank
Irvine Modern Dentistry
Irvine, CA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now