Dental Health Community
Crowns

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Crowns

I just want to say thank you to everyone posting on here about the smell above the crown. I have had this for a while. Trips to the dentist adds more money to my dentist pockets but I get the smell again above my crown. I am grateful to know that others have the same problem and are honest enough to share it on this site. I feel a little better knowing that I am not the only one. Yet, I want the problem resolved as well without making my dentist mortgage again.

This discussion is related to Bad smell near crown.
I want to say thank you to everybody too. I have the same  crown smell problem with a little difference. Several time I did try to check the smell before the breakfast, it wasn't there. It comes back after a few hours and stays all day. I couldn't figure it out how the smell dissapears during the night if it is resulting from the bacteria that can't be cleaned. ??
I think I will go with a denture if it solves the problem. Don't care how it looks anymore.
I have the same problem and was wondering is implants were a fix or if that would just cause a different denture odor type problem.