Dental Health Expert Forum
Cut on inside of upper lip won't go away
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Cut on inside of upper lip won't go away
Hello,
first of all i am a 25 y/o male in what i believe anyway to be pretty good health. About a month and a half ago, maybe more, i noticed a sort of mild stinging sensation on the inside of my upper lip when i would push my tounge up there. when i curled my upper lip back to see, there was a small cut (about 2mm long) running up-down direction exactly in the middle. the stinging sensation was only there during the morning time immediatly after i woke up when i had very dry mouth. over the course of the day the cut would start to close a little bit, but would always return the next day after awaking and having dry mouth. this is NOT an ulcer or spot, it is a cut, and i am pretty sure i didn't do anything to cause this cut. But it's been a month and a half and it's still there. I have tried OTC canker sore treatments which really helped and the cut closed again, but it always reopens after sleep. any ideas? Thank you,
D
Discussion is closed
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Any sore or cut etc. that has not healed in 7 to 10 days should be investigated by a professional. I think a visit to an oral surgeon is in order. It may have something to do with the dry mouth issue but a consultation is necessary.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Thanks for the fast reply. What sorts of other things could cause this to happen?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A related discussion, upper lip cuts was started.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A related discussion, Cut on middle upper lip was started.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now