DO I NEED A ROOT CANAL BEFORE A CROWN IS PLACED ON A MOLAR
SOMETIMES MY MOLAR #18 AND 19I HAVE FUNNY FEELING FEELS LIKE METAL, SOME SENSITIVITY, TOOTH FEELS FUNNY WHEN I BITE DOWN,

MY GENERAL DENTIST SENT ME TO A ENDONTIST FOR A PULP TEST, OF COURSE THERE WAS NO SENSITIVITY WHEN I WENT THAT DAY.

BUT HE SAID I HAD CRACKS ON THE SURFACE OF MY MOLARS,  I DO HAVE FILLINGS THERE.

HE HAD TO USE A SPECIAL MICROSCROPE TO SEE IT.  CANNOT BE SEEN WITH X-RAY OR NAKED EYE.

HE RECOMMENDED MY TEETH TO BE CROWNED.

I WENT BACK TO MY GENERAL DENTIST AND HE ADVISED ME THAT I SHOULD GET ROOT CANAL PRIOR TO HIM PUTTING THE CROWNS ON BECAUSE EVENTUALLY YOU WILL NEED ROOT CANAL AND THEN YOU WILL  HAVE TO GO THRU THE CROWN TO DO THIS.

I HAVE HELD OFF DOING THIS BECAUSE I AM NOT SURE WHAT TO DO.  BUT BY WAITING CANT I DO DAMAGE TO MY TOOTH OR ROOT.

WHAT DO YOU THINK.

THANKS YOU
If there is no pulpal pathology of a tooth, root canal treatment is not indicated.
I had a hairline crack in a molar but the dentist never said to get a root canal done on the tooth.   He crowned the tooth and it never gave me a moment's trouble until 10 years later, when it eventually did need a root canal.   But as I said, it was 10 years later.   And all they did was just drill straight through the top of the crown to complete the root canal, it didn't need to come off or anything.   It should be no biggie for them to go through the crown if you eventually did need a root canal......and even then that may not happen for many years, if at all.
i had a root canal after a crown with no problem. they drill thru the top and it doesnt affect the integrity of the crown at all. why spend the money now if you might need a root canal in the future? going thru an unneeded procedure could cause more problems than it helps. sometimes root canals fail and it would be a shame to risk a perfectly good tooth.
whats an average situation ...tooth bulp apraisal ..no sugar /.. smoking...arghhh!!!