Deep Dental Cleaning 2 weeks ago and gums still swollen and painful
Approximately 3 weeks ago I had an abcess on my lower left tooth.  My dentist put me on antiobiotics for 7 days.  I went back a week later for a deep cleaning on my lower left quadrant.  I was told to rinse with warm water and salt and to massage the gum. I was also told that it would take about a week to heal.  After a week my gums were still swollen and painful.... I then called my dentist and he said that it was normal and sometimes it takes more than a week to heal and not to worry.  Well, it is now two weeks after the procedure.  Some days it looks like it's healing and other days it's swollen to the touch.  The tooth that was originally acessed  looks worse.  It is red and inflamed looking doesn't look like it's improved much.  If it is infected wouldn't it be super painful??  It doesn't hurt the way it did before I took the antiobiotics  Should I wait a little longer to see if it improves?  Why is it not healing? When I went in with the abcessed tooth my dentist said I should be checked for diabetes?????  why would he say that I didn't ask  I mentioned that I had a complete physical, which included blood work....which was done 2 weeks prior and everything checked out fine! my glucose level was about 104  a little high, but my doctor didn't think anything of if.  I am really worried :-/
Well..I just recently had and abscess, I've been on antibiotics for 7 days now...and been to two different dentists, and the only way to cure and get rid of the infection is to have a root canal or extract the tooth..the infection is deep inside the tooth, so deep cleaning wont get rid of it...I'm going to be having the deep cleaning done some time after my root canal.
I hope I helped some