Dental Health Community
Dental Abcess(abscess) help please?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dental Abcess(abscess) help please?

Im pretty sure I have an abcessed tooth, several months ago my tooth broke, almost to the gum line, I have had periodic times of throbbing and aching in the tooth, however I could usually rinse with peroxcide and water take some ibuprophen and the pain would subside....

Here recently however the pain in the tooth has been comming back, in the same waves however this morning I woke up and my cheek is extremly swollen, and the gum area directly above the tooth is extremlly sore as the swelling has gone on despite rinsing with salt water, peroxcide mix, ibuprophen and ambesol today  the swelling has increased.

I dont have dental or health insurance of any sort and very low income, so a trip to the dentist isnt really possible for me, however I did get a a  bottle of 800 mg amoxicillin from a friend who had it left over I began taking it today, does anyone know if amoxicillin in usefull for an abcessed tooth, and if so about how long should I expect to start seing results, and also is there a way to tell if the infection has spread past the gum, possibly into jaw-bone etc etc....

.any thoughts or advice would be greatfully appreciated as the pain is near unbearable, and I simply cannot afford a dentist...
thanks...